coking plant in Zdzieszowice, Poland was
built in 1930 by the German mining company Gräflich Schaffgottsche Werke.
The design of the first coke oven batteries no.1&2 was carried out by the
famous German industrial architects Fritz Schupp and Martin Kremmer.Both
batteries were installed by the Still company.
In between 1962 and 1968 batteries 3-6 were commissioned by a Russian
manufacturer.All of the six batteries now existing were stamp charged.
In 1972 a second strand of top charged batteries (7-10) was installed one
kilometer south of the existing one.These ovens were built by a Polish
From 2002 to 2004 batteries 7&8 were completly rebuilt and batteries 9&10
In between 2006 to 2008 two new batteries(11&12) were built west of
battery no. 7 by the Zarmen company from Poland.
Immediatly after the old batteries no. 1&2 were closed down and dismantled
in 2010.Batteries 9&10 were torn down in 2011.