DEUTSCHE EDELSTAHLWERKE, HAGEN
WALZWERK, ROLLING MILL.
Urheberrechte, Copyright: ©Uwe Niggemeier
The rolling mill in Hagen-Wehringhausen was founded under the name Asbeck-Osthaus-Eicken & Co.as a forge in 1851. Since 1855 a rolling is in operation.
In 1887 the name changed into Eicken & Co. And an open hearth shop including three furnaces and a blooming mill were built.
In 1931 Eicken was fusioned with the Harkort steel company from nearby Wetter now called Stahlwerke Harkort-Eicken.
In 1951 the mill became part of the newly founded Stahlwerke Südwestfalen.
Other branches where the former Brünninghaus rolling mill in Hagen-Vorhalle, the open hearth shop in Hagen-Eckesey, the steel mill in Siegen-Geisweid and the rolling mills in Werdohl.
Takeover by Krupp in 1974.
1994, Krupp Edelstahlprofile.
2005, Edelstahlwerke Südwestfalen
2007, Deutsche Edelstahlwerke.
Today the Wehringhausen mill is a speciality steel wire rolling mill for which the raw material is produced at the steel mill in Siegen-Geisweid.