Walter Hundhausen foundry was established in 1914 in Gevelsberg, Germany.
After WWI the company moved 25 km east to Schwerte.
In 1928 the production of black heart malleable castings started.
Heavy truck axle components became a main product after WWII.
Walter Hundhausen was taken over by the Hoesch steel company from Dortmund
1989 and became part of Krupp Hoesch Automotive four years later. 1993
closure of the branch plant in Werdohl.
In 2000 the Walter Hundhausen iron foundry was taken over by the GMH group
from Georgsmarienhütte. A new large 40t/h cupola furnace
replaced the old induction furnaces in 2008.